Fat can be an incredibly confusing topic, especially since we have been told that eating fat will make us fat and contributes to heart disease for decades. The latest science shows that this couldn't be further from the truth and by eating the right fats can help you become lean, healthy and vibrant!
A few BENEFITS of eating FAT:
1. Get Lean - It may sound counter-intuitive, but eating fat helps you get lean by regulating blood sugar (no sugar spikes), increases fat burning, satiates your body & cuts hunger. Win-win!
2. More Energy - Fat is a concentrated source of energy, which helps power you throughout the day.
3. Brain Power - Did you know, our brain is about 60% fat! It needs fat to function for cognition, happiness, learning and memory.
4. Healthy cells - You have over 10 trillion cells in your body, and every single cell wall needs high-quality fat daily.
5. Vitamin Absorption - Vitamins A, D, E, K are fat soluble vitamins, requiring dietary fat to be absorbed into the body.
6. Glowing Skin - Fatty acids make up the essential oil-producing glands which naturally moisturize the skin - more salmon please!
Our favourite HEALTHY FATS: - Avocados - Olive Oil - All Nuts & Nut Butters - Seeds - chia, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and flax - Fatty fish - like salmon and sardines - Coconut Oil and Cream -Good quality dairy and meat - Eggs
Final FAT TIP: Don't fear fat! Enjoy a variety of the healthy kinds every day and see how good you can feel!