As part of The Whole Kitchen's Wellness Talks, I'm sharing our family favourite recipe for a delicious and nutritious morning smoothie.
I love to start my day with a Green Smoothie as its a delicious way to add extra nutrients, fibre, protein and healthy greens to my day.
You will need:
- Two large handfuls of spinach or kale (fresh or frozen and feel free to add in the stems too!)
- A cup of coconut milk
- A cup of coconut water (or failing this, normal water)
- Handful of frozen (or fresh) fruits, I've opted for one banana
- 2 scoops/tbsp Greens powder (I love Nuzests' Good Green Vitality powder)
- 2 scoops Vegan protein powder of choice (I like Nuzest but any will do!)
- 1 scoop of chia seeds or flax seeds.
- Handful of ice cubes
Very simply, you're going to blend all of this deliciousness together. Add it in any order, et voila, a delicious, healthy smoothie to have for breakfast or even post-workout.