The perfect chocolate cake recipe, deliciously moist, and completely gluten free! Great for elevenses or an afternoon snack, or why not dust with icing and top with candles for a delicious, gluten free birthday cake!
Keep reading below to find out what you'll need and how to make this recipe.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup raw hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and sugar. Whisk until combined. Add the flours, cacao powder, baking soda and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter over the prepared pan. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the batter and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before removing it from the pan to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Store the cake covered in the fridge for up to two days.