Try this delicious and healthy salad recipe from our Wellness Talk guest Riyana Rupani.
Prep time: 10 min | inactive time: 1 hour | cook time: 10 min
Serving: 2 (main course)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 1 hour (or sub with 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 a lemon, juiced (about 1-1.5 tbsp)
- 1 large clove of garlic minced finely (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup water (or more as needed to thin the dressing)
- salt & pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste (optional)
- 6 cups kale chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 grilled chicken breast (simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 2 handfuls of The Whole Kitchen sourdough gluten-free croutons
- Dairy-free parmesan sprinkle (optional)
- Soak your cashews.
- De-rib your kale and chop it into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl. massaging with about 1 Tbsp olive oil and salt for about 2 minutes.
- For the dressing - combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Add more water if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Mix all your salad with your dressing (you shouldn't need to use it all.), divide into two dishes, top with grilled chicken, and croutons.
- Drizzle more dressing, sprinkle with dairy-free parmesan if desired, and serve.