Delicious, gluten free, nut and refined sugar free Chocolate Chip Chookie recipe from our Wellness Talk guest Riyana Rupani.
Prep time: 10 min | cook time: 10 min
Serving: 12 - 20 cookies
- 1 cup sunflower seeds de-shelled
- 1/4 cup TWK Coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg (or flax egg replacement)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- flakey sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F
- In a food processor or blender, grind the sunflower seeds as fine as you want them. These cookies can be chunky or as smooth as you like.
- Combine your wet ingredients with coconut sugar and mix.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Make about 12-20 balls (depending on the size) and flatten gently on a baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and sprinkle with flakey sea salt (optional)