Happy World Baking Day! We love celebrating the joy of baking and experimenting in the kitchen. Being around for 6 years, we are also thankful that we get to make gluten free bakes accessible and nutritious for everyone.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just an amateur, we encourage you to try your hand at baking at home, it can be such a fulfilling activity, especially when baking for your loved ones.
Today we’re sharing a simple recipe that can be done using a blender! These gluten free Savoury Muffins are more-ish and leave a lot of room for you to play around with different flavours and add-ins.
5 large eggs
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup tapioca starch
½ cup butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
Black pepper, to taste
1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, parmesan or cheddar)
Fresh herbs: basil, chives
Other vegetables: mushrooms, shredded carrots, onion, zucchini etc…
Makes 18 mini muffins (30g).
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius. Prepare a muffin tin lined with parchment paper or muffin liners.
- Crack eggs into a blender jar and blend the eggs on low until whipped and they increase in volume.
- Add in the coconut flour, tapioca starch, melted butter or coconut oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated.
- Fold in the vegetables and cheese, or any other add-ins with a spatula. You can do this by pouring the batter out in a separate mixing bowl, or do it straight in the blender jar (less washing to do!).
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for about 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Store the muffins in the refrigerator for up to one week.
These nutritious savoury muffins are great as part of a breakfast platter, on-the-go, or even to pop in a lunchbox! We hope you try this recipe and continue to enjoy baking. Don’t forget to share with us your gluten free bakes using our TWK Pantry items!