Here is a delicious vegan burger recipe to make while you stay home. This easy veggie burger is packed with nutritious peas, chickpeas, brown rice, flaxseeds and almond meal!
Enjoy with our all natural, fiber rich, gluten free burger buns!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup (200g) frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup (200g) cooked chickpeas or tinned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (70g) cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup (48g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (60g) caramelised onion
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh tomatoes
Combine ground flaxseed with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
In a food processor combine defrosted peas, chickpeas, brown rice, almond meal, caramelised onion and olive oil. Add flax egg and mix.
Shape into 6 even sized burgers, cover and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place burgers on baking tray, spray lightly with extra virgin olive oil and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
Garnish with your favourite juicy vegetables, avocadoes, fresh tomatoes or pickles and enjoy with TWK gluten free burger buns!